Search This Blog

Friday 9 February 2018

postivity and self-worth (1)

There is a lot of negativity in the world which is something I think I'll be coming back to a lot in this blog, but to start with I just want to do a piece on positivity.
 
Self-worth is so important, it is something a lot of people, young and old struggle with, I included, this is probably seeking to myself as much as anyone.

But we do all have worth, everyone is created differently, and sometimes all you can see is how you are different from everyone else around you, and you feel inferior. This is not true, you have been created to be you. Your challenges and talents are different from every other person, but that's good. If we were, all the same, there would be no uniqueness in the world, it would feel very much the same and be very boring. Whatever struggles you are going through, you can make it through them, and remember there are people to support you (friends and family, and I'm here for everyone reading this). Most of all we all have our talents/gifts and interests. It has taken me a long time to realize that we have to find these and embrace them. Talents are still something I struggle to see in myself, but I have my writing, and maybe some photography/art skills, and I'm learning to be a good friend which is an important skill. If you don't know where your talents are, keep trying new things that you enjoy and hopefully, you will find something. Your interests are so important to what makes you special, it's what other people will learn to love about you. Embrace them, even if they seem very different to everyone's interests around you, find people who share them, or talk to your friends about them, if they interest you, there is a chance they will interest your friends.

Remember you are important, you deserve to be valued. I believe that each person was created perfectly by God (Perfect in his sight if not this world's). But even if that isn't for you now, believe me, that you do have value because everyone does. Again, so much of the negativity comes from this world we live in. There are experiences put on us every day by those around us and ourselves.  We have to learn when these are right and when they are wrong, they are often wrong. The world wants to be perfect, like that person in the magazine or on TV. They want us to feel the same, look the same, to feel the same as everyone else. But that is the opposite of the individuality we should be living. As I said at the beginning, we are all different. We all have flaws in our natural beauty, but that doesn't stop us being beautiful, we have to accept them and accept other people's flaws. You will find aspects of your character that is weird, I do every day, but that doesn't mean it's wrong, embrace it and remember it's part of how you fit into this world. Also, learn to accept these things about each other, you won't agree with everyone, and sometimes your fellow human will seem strange to you. But if you want other people to accept you, you have to accept them. Everyone else has their place too, and we have to learn how to understand each other better if we want the world to be a happier place.

I hope this helps someone, do you have any advice for helping others to see each other positivity? 


2 comments:

  1. Brilliant post, Kirsty, and you are so valued. Thank you too for your support of me and my writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila. And thank you for your support.

      Delete