Search This Blog

Friday 27 July 2018

*review* Smart-Phone Camara lenses - Apexel APL-DG10

*I wasn't given the products or any incentive for this review, and all thoughts are my own*


This year I have got more into my photography, and as there is no way I'll be getting a DSLR camera anytime soon I thought it might be nice if there were lenses I could put onto my phone.


As a set it's great, there are some that help you take clearer 'better' photos and some that are more 'fun'. There is a case for carrying them around in, which is very useful. They are easy to put onto a phone in the right position (though I do have to check the lens is over the camera and not just off it as that affects the photo).


Review of the separate lenses -
Wide lens and Macro lens – The Macro lens can be used on its own, but it is advised in the instructions to use with the wide, this has given me the best results. I have some nice photos taken with this. I've yet to get any brilliant photos with this, but I think that's more due to my photo skills.
CPL – This is used to remove unwanted reflection such as from glass or water. I haven't had much chance to use this, but I do like the photos I have taken it.
Telephoto – This has given me some lovely photos so far, it's brilliant for getting close to plants in the garden.
 Fisheye – Gives images a round fishbowl effect. I love this, the photos look odd, but cool in a way, and it's great fun. I remember one of the earliest camera apps I downloaded onto a smartphone had a fisheye effect, I thought that was cool too, but obviously, this is more powerful because it's a proper lens.
Star Filter – Catches lights, and makes them more like stars. I haven't had a chance to use this much, possibly more of a winter lens, but I love the effect it gives when I have used it
Radical filter – Takes the static object into dynamic effect, makes it look like the object is moving, or just gives you nice lines coming from the object. Nice, I like the photos I've taken with this, none so far of an object that would be moving, but I can see how it would work.
Flow filter – another interesting effect with static objects, again fun to use, but not had the chance to use to the best opportunity yet.
Kaleidoscope filters – There are two of these, the effect is to take the image you see, and multiply it in a kaleidoscopic way. This is really enjoyable to play with, I really like the photos I have taken with this

So to finish I certainly recommend getting this set, or there are others sets around that do a similar thing, just search for 'Smartphone Camera Lenses'


Wide + Macro lenses
fisheye
telephoto
radical filter

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Kirsty, impressed! I can't take a good photo normally. The last I took of Angus I managed to cut his head off!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila, I've had a bit of practice now.

      Delete