Search This Blog

Friday 18 January 2019

Backwards and forwards part 1

Here I am again, another year and still blogging, though I don't have a lot of ideas for posts this year yet, so if there is anything you'd like me to write about, let me know. For this post, I'm going to look back on last year, and then forward to this year. This post will be about my targets, there will be another more diary post soon.

To start with, how did I do with my targets for last year?
Living Life more – well that didn't happen as much as I would have liked, it has been put on hold by other things, so I'm not upset with myself that it didn't happen.
Giving into fear – this did happen in a way I didn't expect. Throughout the year of being ill, quite scarily ill at times, I learned to be not scared of how I was feeling. I'm also a lot better around needles/hospitals now. (more about this in my next post)
Writing – well, I only have this blog and there aren't as many posts as there could have been, but it's an improvement from other years, so yes progress.
Photography/picture editing – Yes, I did a photography course online in July which I enjoyed and learnt from, also I now have a new phone with a brilliant camera. I'm taking more photos, and I think they're better, could do more editing but I still do some.
Closer to God – Not sure if I made progress with this, although He has brought me through a tough year and that has had a positive impact on my faith.
Love Myself more/self-confidence – Yes, I'm better at this.

On the whole, I am very happy with how much I did achieve with my targets last year. So new targets for the New Year – although it's pretty much the same stuff actually.
Living Life More – I really hope at some point this year, I will be to go on more of the trips I'm planning, until then watch more carefully how much I spend on processions and save where I can for experiences later.
Not giving into fear – Continue to do this in my daily life and hope I get the chance to push myself in the areas I want to later.
Writing – Continue with this blog and do some fiction writing for myself (I'd rather on private projects to work on my skills than show anyone at the moment)
Photography/picture editing – Continue to do this, I'll improve by practice.
Closer to God – This is one I want to really work on this year, I need to be better at making time for reading the bible/prayers to start with
Love myself more – Just keep going, this has changed a lot over the last few years, and I'm happy, but mustn't go back now.

So same targets, but different achievements within them. Until next time.



2 comments:

  1. Great post. Good for you. Any ideas? What about showing some of the great photos you say you have taken. Another thought, interesting books you may have read to share with those who read your blog. Keeping us informed of how you're going on? Hope this is helpful. Bless you, Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Shelia, good ideas I'll keep those in mind.

      Delete