Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 January 2018

2018, a year for achieving goals?

This post is about my 2018 goals/resolutions, I find making goals helps me to achieve more of what I want by the end of the year, as does reviewing how I'm getting on with them. Yes, I know we are close to the end of January, but bear with me. This blog is new so this is the first chance I've had to write about this, and I feel it is deserving of a piece. Anyway, they will continue to be goals for the whole year so.

I'm going to start with the bigger, more life-defining stuff. 2 years ago I made the decision in January to 'Live Life More'- for me, this means valuing experiences more than possessions; trying to save towards to do the former (trips, plays, events) rather than spend on the latter. I believe that experience means more because they give us memories that last longer, and usually a more joy at the time. You end up living a fuller life. I still take this goal every year, I am getting better at it, though I probably still spend to much on possessions. I'm not sure of what I've done this year to reach this goal, but I'm making some plans in my head including hopefully meeting some of the friends I have met through Twitter, I've added to my savings, so not bad for January.

Alongside this, is giving in less to fear. Partly because of my disability, I have/do spend a lot of time being scared of trying new things and moving out of my comfort zone. Again to combat this is a goal that is continued every year, as I do more. Yes, I do think I'm making progress so far this year, starting this blog itself is the proof of that. As I 'Live Life More' that will bring more out of my comfort zone too.

Some of my goals have more towards doing more with my hobbies, as I have things that I enjoy doing, but I'm usually not good at finding the time for. The first of these is my writing. Well, this blog is proof that I have excelled the goal so far in 2018. As I said in my last post, I assumed this would be fiction oriented, not for anyone but myself till I got into it again. Then in the first week in January, I thought about starting a blog, and I have written something, even if it's just planning a post, every day since then. I have never been the type to write every day, so I'm not sure what's happening or how long it will continue, but I'm rolling with it.

The other hobbies I enjoy are photography and picture editing. I've done some photography this year, not sure how good, but I'm happy with them. I will probably do a post about this at some point, for now if you want to see my photos, I'm on Instagram as @kb_wholocked, The pictures accompanying my posts are my own, this was taken outside my church a few weeks ago. I hope this continues or increases this year, it would be good to use my camera more instead of just my phone camera. The editing is twofold, editing photos using the apps/settings on my camera which I have been doing this year, and using my computer software, to make edits/pictures – I made the header for my blog, but apart from that I haven't done this, so I hope I find the time for it soon.

My final goals, like my first two are continuing every year. One is to get closer to God, and move on in my Christian life. I think this is going well, I've had a few good quiet/prayer times, I can feel the presence with me more. The other is to love myself more – remember that I do have great qualities as-well as bad ones, also it's okay when I make mistakes. I think this is a good goal for all of us.

So that's it. On the whole, I'm doing pretty well for January, the whole post isn't meant to be bragging though, just letting you into my life, and showing goals that are achievable and might be helpful. I'll probably do a following post later on in the year. Do you have any goals for the year? Do you agree with me about Experiences over
Possessions? Any Comments, post below or to my Twitter.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Kirsty, I think as I get older I too realise that experiences are more valuable than possessions which we can't take with us anyway. Every encouragement with this blog and your writing. As to fearing moving out of your comfort zone, this fear frequently stops me doing things too. I'm really quite a wimp! Perhaps we can encourage one another this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, yes hopfully we can encourage each other this year

    ReplyDelete