Search This Blog

Friday 12 January 2018

New Year, New Blog

I'm Kirsty I'm in my 30's and live in the UK. I can't work at the moment due to a disability called non-classical-Marfan's syndrome; which means my muscles are weaker than an average person. This affects a lot of everyday things like writing and holding/carrying things. It affects my stamina so I get tired very easy. I was also born with a dislocated hip which, although being operated on to stabilize it, has still left me with a limp. This has left me more reliant on my parents than most people my age, but I'm working on becoming more independent, that's for another post anyway.

Enough of the boring stuff, especially as I don't believe my disability defines me. I am also a Christian, and my faith is very important to me. Feel free to ask me a question about my faith here on my twitter (link on my blog), I'll do my best to answer. My other interests are TV (BBC Sherlock, Doctor Who, Victoria, Call The Midwife, Strictly Come Dancing, Bake Off and others), Films ( The Marvel – MCU or Marvel Cinematic Universe, Lord of The Rings, It's a Wonderful Life, I also like a lot of Disney and DreamWorks stuff) I'm not always good at the latest films because I wait for them to be on free-tv, or occasionally buy/rent online unless I really want to see it. My other hobbies are Reading, Photography, and cooking/baking.

So why am I here, writing a blog? Well, I've always been interested in writing, but usually find it hard to stick too, especially as I'm not sure if I'm ever going to be a professional writer although that would be awesome. I had a blog here years ago, but have deleted old posts to start anew. To get back to writing was one of my New Years Resolutions, more in my next post; I assumed it would be fiction writing as that's usually what I enjoy, but since about a week ago, I've been inspired to write a blog, so I am. I have a few interesting ideas at the moment, I should be able to keep it going, we'll see. I have a few different ideas for types of posts; probably a lot of my-life type, some reviews of TV/Films/Products etc., some positivity stuff because I need it and I know others do too.

That's enough rambling on for now, until next time.



7 comments: